My PhD research interests involve identifying genetic variations, such as genetic diversity and the assiociation of markers with important agronomic traits in Brassica napus. I have developed the CMAP database for pulished Brassica genetic markers against chromosomes from Brassica rapa and CMAP database for genetic markers against wheat chromosome arm 7DS. Currently, I am developing perl scripts for the process of identifying SNPs from wheat data and planning to import SNPs data into AutoSNPdb system.
Marshall, D, Hayward, A, Eales, D, Imelfort, M, Stiller, J, Berkman, P, Clark, T, McKenzie, M, Lai, K, Duran, C, Batley, J & Edwards, D 2010, 'Targeted identification of genomic regions using TAGdb', Plant Methods, vol. 6, no. 1, p. 19.
- Master of Philosophy (Part-time study, terminated)
- Institute for Integrated and Intelligent Systems, Griffith University, Logan, Queensland, Australia, 12/2007 to 2/2010
- Research Topic: Lipreading Segmentation and Correlation between Lipreading and Speech
- Supervisors: Dr Phillip Sheridan, Dr Alan Liew
- Master of Information and Communication Technology
- Griffith University, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia，2/2005-9/2006
- Research Topic: An Investigation of Motion Tracking Algorithms
- Supervisor: Dr Phillip Sheridan
- Master of Information Technology
- University of Queensland, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia，3/2004-2/2005
- Bachelor of Science in Applied Chemistry
- Shenzhen University, Shenzhen, China，9/1998-6/2002
From 3/2010 to 6/2010
- Research Assistant, Applied Bioinformatics Group, Australia Centre for Plant Functional Genomics(ACPFG), School of Land, Crop & Food Sciences, The University of Queensland
- Participated in Brassica species genome alignment and comparative assembly.
From 12/2009 to 2/2010
- Research Scholar, Applied Bioinformatics Group, Australia Centre for Plant Functional Genomics(ACPFG), School of Land, Crop & Food Sciences, The University of Queensland
- Participated in Next-Generation DNA Sequencing (NGS) analyzing from Brassica species.
From 01/2009 to 03/2009
- PeopleSoft Developer, Enterprise Applications Development, Information Technology Service, the University of Queensland
- Participated in post Go-live development for SI-Net and MySI-Net these two ERP systems. Involved Perl programming on Ubuntu system.
From 09/2008 to 12/2008
- Software Developer, Software Service Development Team, Information Technology Service, the University of Queensland
- Participated in the project the UQ Bonus Scheme. Involved developing web application by Microsoft C#.Net and Oracle PL/SQL.
From 04/2008 to 08/2008
- Java Developer (Upgrade Developer), Eyecon Pty Ltd, West End, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
- Participated in the SQL Server 2005 Upgrade Project and Weblogic 10 Upgrade Project. Involved developing new TSQL scripts, and migrating data from SQL Server 2000 to SQL Server 2005, and migrating game server application from WebLogic Server 7 to WebLogic Server 10, and developing WLST scripts.
From 02/2007 to 02/2008
- PeopleSoft Developer, Technical and Development Team, PeopleSoft HE Upgrade Project, Business Systems Services, Griffith University, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
- Participated in the 2007-2008 PeopleSoft High Education Upgrade Project. Involved developing the Student Record, Student Finance, HR Payroll system in PeopleSoft 8.48 Application Designer, PeopleCode, SQR, XML publisher and Application Engine.
From 11/2005 to 01/2006
- Email System Tester, Information and Communication Technology Services, Griffith University
- Participated in the 2005-2006 student email expansion project and tested the latest-updated email system from view of user.
Applied Bioinformatics Group
Rm S424, Bld 83
Australian Centre for Plant Functional Genomics (ACPFG)
School of Land, Crop & Food Sciences
The University of Queensland
Brisbane QLD 4072
[+61] (0) 7 3346 7083